Monday, September 23, 2019

Last Lap

Missionary Mom Des here: Here is some information regarding welcoming home activities for Elder Ogden....
 OCTOBER 12th: Please join us at an Open House at our home! It will be from 6-8 pm. If you need our address, please feel free to send me an email (desiraeo@gmail.com)

OCTOBER 13th: Elder Ogden will be sharing some of his thoughts and mission experiences in our Sacrament meeting service. All are welcome to attend! The service begins at 12 pm. Again, if you need the address, just send me an email.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your support of Josh while he has been serving in Taiwan. I know he appreciates it very much and Mark and I love and appreciate you as well!


Hello everyone!


Well, this is almost it! I've still got 12 days in this blessed place, so I'm making the most of it! 

This week we increased our efforts and got increased results, I felt like. Funny how that works. We hit our goal of talking to 20 people several days this week, and I have to say it has really helped me focus. Also, this week we split our English class so we can have multiple levels for the adults classes and then teach kids class on Thursdays. Hopefully that will help us accommodate more people and thereby find more people who are prepared for the restored Gospel. 

On Thursday, I went on exchanges with Elder Engel, who was trained in the same apartment as I was training Elder Brady, and he is now my zone leader. He told me he wanted to learn more about teaching, which was a bit of a bummer since we got stood up by one guy and the other lesson we had cancelled. So we decided the only way that could happen was if we found a member to meet with during the day or found someone on the street to teach a little more in depth. We decided we wanted to get a new friend from the street, which means we teach them a gospel principle, say a prayer with them, and set them up for another time to meet (ensuring they actually have interest of course). So we went really hard and purposely went to places where we could talk to more people who were stationary and not in a hurry. We did not actually achieve that goal fully, but we got really close several times and found a lot of people who potentially want to hear more about the gospel. That night our friend Li-de passed his interview! He will be baptized this Saturday! Woohoo!

I know that faith, with the work that comes with that, brings miracles. I know that blessings always come, just not when we expect or want them necessarily. I know that no matter how much of a moron we are sometimes, we can repent and become better, and the Lord looks at our desires, not our abilities.

Love you all!
Elder Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment