Monday, September 9, 2019

Going to the Tape


Hey everyone! 
Again, sorry I've been so terrible at emailing recently. The past little while has been great! I'll give you the highlights...

My companion Elder Merzlock is really fun. He loves making and watching movies, so while he can't really pursue those interests too much while he's out here, it's fun to hear his thoughts and past experiences. He's from Oklahoma, but in spite of the fact he's already used to hot, humid weather there, he still hates it here. What do you know? It is just the worst. 


I feel like I am starting to figure out a little more how to be effective in this work, especially with the members. I really love the members here. There's one cute old lady named施奶奶 Shr nainai or “grandma shr”. She is just the nicest person you will ever meet. Even just saying hi to her makes her day. She is so happy to see everyone, and it's not like a fake cheesy smile that's like a mask, she's really just so happy to see everyone. I think we should all follow her example a little more, haha.
There's also the 高Gao family. The mom and daughter are active, but the sons struggle a little more. They pretend to be all cool and angsty, but we know they secretly love us, haha. We visited them this week and helped the mom make a plan to invite her friend to church. 

The temple was wonderful lady Wednesday as usual. Before we went, we met up with Elder Pilling, who was in the MTC with me, Elder Brady, who I trained, and his trainee Elder Vowels. It was pretty fun. Made me feel real old though.
Elder Vowels, Elder Brady, Elder Ogden, and Elder Merzlock

"President got in the way of our picture. Lol."

On Saturday we performed in the Lamb of God, which was a great opportunity. It went so well. It was completely translated into Mandarin, and they even got President Peterson to play Thomas!  He was awesome. 
With President Peterson





Well, I have to go, but I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Ogden




"I will miss this...a lot."

Giant snail at the temple







No comments:

Post a Comment