This week was pretty rainy, but wow, along with that came a ton of miracles! I'm not exactly sure what changed after Tuesday's zone conference, but after that day we just ran into person after person on the street that was willing to learn more and received a couple referrals with a lot of potential. We can also feel the leadership in the ward going into action and trying to rally the members and unite the ward.
![]() |
| Zone conference |
The biggest things we got out of zone conference were more ideas on how to really use the Book of Mormon in every aspect, and also I personally decided I was unconsciously being too picky with the people we talk to, like only really talking with younger people or people I felt like would be more open from the surface. We need to at least try and start a conversation with everyone we meet, and if they clearly don't want to talk, we will just express our love and testimony, ask for referrals where possible, and move on. That attitude increased the number of people we were able to talk to about the gospel, and some how out of those the percentage of people we met who were open and interested was actually higher.
We were pretty bummed by all the rain this week, especially on Thursday when it was just pouring buckets all day, but amazingly we still found people among the few we saw on our way to our various activities. Our zone leader always half jokes that the rain is just God's way of weeding out the elect for us, but I think he may actually have been right haha.
I know that the Lord's promised blessings are true, and they will come in his timing, but sometimes He really does test our patience and faith. We can trust if we do our part, He will do His.
Love you all!
Elder Ogden
Click here to hear Elder Ogden play a medley of "I Stand All Amazed" and a few other hymns. He is playing the cello in this clip. ("Oh, my heart", says Missionary Mom Des)
Pictures of Elder Ogden at a fireside. Taken by the "mission paparazzi sister", Sister Liu.






No comments:
Post a Comment