![]() |
| Skyping with Elder Ogden |
Hey everyone!
Hopefully I can still make these emails interesting. I'm kinda running low on ideas of things to write, so if there's anything in particular people want to know, questions, comments, grievances, please comment below.
This week I was able to go on Exchanges with Elder Keys, which was really fun. He hasn't been on his mission for very long. This is his second area. He has a lot of enthusiasm and joy for missionary work. It was pretty refreshing for me (not that my companion isn't like that, but our personalities both aren't really the super enthusiastic pumped up type haha). Elder Keys is from Taylorsville, so right next door to home. It was cool to talk with someone who knows all the places I do. He even met some people I went to school with while he was working at Leatherby's, a place I have been to many times. That day we had a couple things cancel, but it allowed us to reach our goal of talking to 20 people, the last of which was a really cool kid who has grown up here, but he's Filipino so he speaks really good English. We switched Facebooks to keep in contact, and realized I had already sent him a thumbs up...in February! Apparently we met on the street before, he was too busy then, but he has time now, so we're excited to meet with him! That day was raining, so not a lot of people wanted to be outside, but I actually enjoyed it. Better than the heat.
Right now in our mission we're really focusing on talking to 20 new people everyday, along with visiting 2-3 members every day to strengthen and bless them and help them do missionary work. It is a lot to do, and hard to schedule well, so your prayers that we can accomplish these goals and see the miracles promised with them would be much appreciated!
Yesterday was Mothers day, so Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! Even though mine's the best, all mothers are amazing and I so admire the sacrifices so many righteous, amazing women make to raise children in a world where that's becoming harder and harder.
Here in Taiwan Mother's Day is pretty important. Almost everyone, regardless of where they live, return home for mother's day weekend to visit their mothers and celebrate with them. I think it's really cool. Yesterday during church they had the primary program, which was awesome as usual, especially since Chinese kids singing in Chinese are about 10 times cuter than even the primary programs I've seen, which is an amazing feat. As we've been talking to people on the streets a lot of the time we've been asking them about their mothers and what they mean to them, and it's been a great way to bring the Spirit. I like to share this scripture from Alma 56 with them about the stripling warriors:
"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."
I'm so glad I've had amazing grandmothers and mother figures in my life to establish my testimony and prepare me for this time I have to serve the Lord, and most of all for my angel mother's example. I know if I do not doubt, God will deliver me, and a big reason for that knowledge is because my mom is proof of it.
I love you all, have a great week and write an extra paper heart to give to your moms in honor of me (preferably accompanied by something meaningful as well
)
Until next week,
Elder Ogden

No comments:
Post a Comment