Hello to all of Elder Ogden's fans! He was not able to send a group email this week, so I thought I would share a little bit from the Skype session we had with him on Sunday evening.
*He may be transferred to a different area this week which will most likely be the area that he finishes his mission in. He has mixed feelings about that for sure.
*We received his "death email" this week. (That's what missionaries call the email they get with information about their release date.) His release date is October 5th.
*We talked a lot about our favorite talks from General Conference. Elder Ogden mentioned that he really liked this talk, this talk, and this talk. (If you are interested in seeing which talks they are, just click on the links to take you to them.)
*He went on exchanges this week with missionaries in another area of his mission. He said they were getting a bit frustrated because no one wanted to talk with them, but then miraculously, the Lord sent someone their direction who opened up and they were able to have a wonderful conversation about the Savior and His gospel. Elder Ogden felt that it was a wonderful reminder about how the Lord know where all His children are and what they need.
*Before we ended our call, Elder Ogden shared his testimony of some of the gospel principles we find in Alma 5. I would encourage you to read that chapter again if it has been a while, or if you have never read it, please click on the link and check it out!
*I just want to include a portion of a blog post that Elder Ogden's "Mission Mom" posted this week. President and Sister Peterson are amazing people and I am so thankful for the way in which they serve, love, and take care of Josh and all the missionaries in the Taiwan Taipei Mission.
"We feel such a bond and deep love for each one [of our missionaries]. When Elder Evans spoke during the conference he said something I will never forget, that explained why we feel such a love for them. He said that we made covenants in the pre-earth life to come here together at this time to serve in Taiwan! He said that is why we have a familiar feeling one with another. I wept like a baby and when I was called upon to speak I told the missionaries "that explains it!" I haven't been able to explain how much we love these missionaries and now we know, it's because we have loved them for a long time."I just want to share my testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He lives! He loves each of us and showed that love by offering the greatest sacrifice that anyone could ever offer in performing the Atonement. I am grateful that we get to celebrate His life and Resurrection this Sunday and I am so grateful for the opportunity Josh has to serve, love, and teach the people of Taiwan.

No comments:
Post a Comment