Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Easter!

From Jiu Fen Old Street

Hey everyone,

This week had some struggles, but overall we made some good progress and saw some miracles.

Yesterday we met with our friend 王弟兄 Brother Wang. He's the father of two return missionaries in our ward. He actually met with missionaries back before his children were born, and then lost contact with the church until his daughter met the missionaries and she and her brother joined the church. Since then, he's met many missionaries and slowly come to love the church more and more (he refers to it as "our church" instead of "your church" now). He has had an obstacle to being baptized that he's kinda put off addressing for a while, but we had a good talk with him and showed him how baptism would help him receive what he's hoping God can help him get in his life. He said he felt like it was time he puts the work in to overcome this obstacle and make the changes he needs. It was really cool, and we were excited for the change he's been through since what we hear he was like back when his kids were trying to join the church.

I was thinking a lot this week about Easter and the atonement, and something that's really cool about Chinese is that most words are made up of several characters that directly spell out the meaning. Like "復活節“ fu huo jie means "resurrection festival/holiday" or in other words, Easter. It's cool to be able to have that constant reminder that we truly celebrate that Jesus Christ was resurrected, and that He lives again. I know that's true, and because it's true, death is not the end for us or our families!

"Through Christ I found more satisfaction with life."
"Through Christ, Elder Yang found more miracles."

I love you all, and I'm grateful for everyone's support and love and this experience I'm having as a missionary. Hope you had a great Easter!

Sincerely
Elder Ogden


"My face while he eats the giant box of seaweed we were gifted."

"Brown sugar bubble milk"

"Our friend does traditional Chinese painting"

Jiu Fen Old Street

Jiu Fen Old Street

Buddhist Statue

"Some cows"

"The bridge in Sanxia"











No comments:

Post a Comment