![]() |
| Photo cred: lds.org |
From Elder Ogden's email to his mom:
Well today we're going to the temple as you know, so P-day is today. I'm pretty excited. We go this afternoon.
So some news: an RC (recent convert) in Taipei just tried to take my phone because he wanted to buy me a new one. He jumped on me and wrestled me a bit. I'm fine. He's mentally unstable. It's all taken care of. Fun times.
As for my Thanksgiving, it was pretty great because President and Sister Peterson went all out with a Thanksgiving lunch for our zone conference, and so did the stake, with a Thanksgiving activity on Saturday (I'm very grateful for Costco
). President Peterson said all the Taiwanese people were crowding around amazed when he was pulling 10 turkeys out of the freezer at Costco
This week was great! We had an awesome zone conference focused on member-work and building up the church in Taiwan, and it really changed my outlook on missionary work. After that we've been using all of our extra time to meet with active and less-active members, and it's been so fun! We have a lot of awesome members I haven't had time to get to know yet, it's so nice to feel their spirit and hear their conversion stories, bring the spirit with a message about the new light the world campaign, and talk with them how we can help build the ward and help them do missionary work. We had some time after on member visit this Sunday, so we decided to run over and pop in on the house of a guy we had seen on the ward list that kinda stood out to us. On the way we asked directions from a guy on the street and ended up getting his contact info, he's pretty cool. Then we knocked on this brother's door and he was there! He invited us in for 10 minutes, we got to know him a bit, shared about Christmas, and then I felt like I should tell him that we had sought inspiration in who to visit and his name had stood out to us, and I asked him why he thought the Lord would want us to come find him. At that point he got a little emotional and shared some emotional and spiritual struggles he's been having recently, some habits he's gotten back into, and we invited him to start reading and praying again, and said he was really happy we came. We've been working with him a bit and he's a great guy.
Well, that was my week pretty much, I Love you, I'm loving it here, talk to you in 5days haha.
Elder Ogden

No comments:
Post a Comment