Hello everyone!
This past Monday we went on a super cool hike, saw a cool giant bell, played ping pong, and that was about it for Pday. Then that night we were able to meet with the Luo family, read Alma 32 with them, and talk about watering our seeds of faith. We didn't want to take up too much of their time so we were planning on going in, seeing how they were doing, reading that scripture, inviting them to read and pray as a family, and letting them continue with their evening having felt the spirit. But when we got there, they were rushing around making us popcorn and cutting fruit and stuff for a while. They finally sat down and listened. So it went a little longer than we hoped and we felt bad they were going so out of their way for us, after the lesson the mom was like "Awesome! You kids read and pray right before bed every night!"
On Tuesday we visited a friend I contacted in Yingge a while ago with Elder Steffen. He's from Hong Kong and he's really cool. He showed us the amazing paintings he's working on right now and we had a good conversation. He wanted to make us tea and we asked for flower tea. He asked us why we don't drink tea leaves so we ended up having to explain the Word of Wisdom, but after we read some scriptures and testified of the blessings we've seen from commandments he was like "Hmm, that's pretty cool!"
On Saturday we were able to bike down to 大溪 Daxi in the south of our area, which is beautiful, but a long distance away. It also has the biggest hill a lot of people see on their missions in Taipei, so that was fun. We talked to some cool people, ate with a recent convert, and just had a fulfilling day in general. We were able to eat our dinner at a super nice traditional hot pot place with our friend Ellson, who has been really really busy, but we were able to have a good chat with him. We were worried we were going to be late coming home because our last activity went a little late and the hill heading home is massive, but we got lucky with the lights, took it nice and steady on the hill, and somehow we made it home in 20 minutes and weren't even tired. We don't know how that happened. The other Elders refused to believe we made it back that fast but I guess the Lord didn't want us to be late or something haha.
Well, I just want to say in honor of Thanksgiving this week I'm super grateful to have the gospel in my life. I know the commandments have protected me in so many ways, they have protected my health, my peace of mind, my relationships with family and friends, and my future. I'm grateful for a living prophet to guide us through the challenges and confusion that is constantly increasing in the world today. I'm grateful for the amazing examples of hard work and love I've seen from parents, grandparents, leaders, and friends.
Most of all, I'm grateful for the Savior and His infinite sacrifice for all of us. I know there is great power and peace that comes through faith in Him and a commitment to follow His example.
I love and am grateful for you all, remember to tell someone why you are grateful for them this week!
Elder Ogden



No comments:
Post a Comment