Monday, May 27, 2019

A New Area and a Visit from an Apostle


Hey Everyone!

Sorry my emails have been really lame or nonexistent the past couple of weeks. We've had some busy p-days and honestly finding the motivation to write emails is getting harder and harder. It takes too much brainpower. So... sorry haha. 

Today I have plenty of time because everything we wanted to do fell through.  It also started pouring rain out of nowhere randomly, so it's been an exciting p-day of just relaxing and writing emails. I did get to spend some time on the piano I recently discovered that is completely available for residents of our apartment community to play. That's been nice. Wish I would have realized that 6 months ago, haha. 

I received transfer calls last night, I'll be moving to 木柵 "Moo Jah", which is a district of Taipei in the very southern part, also touching the mountains. It'll be my first area in actual Taipei city, and also my last area. I'm pretty excited. I'll be with Elder Parola, he's from the Philippines, which will be pretty cool. 
Map of Muzha--Elder Ogden's new area
This week we saw a lot of miracles. We were able to meet with Mister Li, who is a member of another Christian Church, but he has been to our church before and he has a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon. We found him while eating potstickers and he was kinda looking at us so we struck up a conversation with him. It's kinda funny to be around him, because he brings up often "you know, a lot of Christians think you guys are heretics, no offense." None taken😂. He really values becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ, and he really felt like he saw that before at our church and now in us, so he knows that we're different from what a lot of people say about us. Most people that have apprehensions and misunderstandings but are willing to actually stop for a few seconds and talk to us and try to understand a little bit usually have that realization. We missionaries are definitely not perfect angels, but at least the vast majority of us are sincere, which people with open hearts can feel, even if they don't want to accept what we're sharing. 

Well, we're eating with some members right now, so I'll have to go, but I love you all!
Elder Ogden

Note from Missionary Mom Des: Elder M. Russell Ballard, an Apostle of Jesus Christ visited Elder Ogden's mission this past week. They were able to have a meeting with him and Josh said that it was an awesome experience and that he learned a lot.
Elder Ogden's whole mission with visiting Apostle, Elder M. Russell Ballard

Hanging out with Elder Ransbottom

A trip to Costco ("The exact same frozen fruit my mom buys, right next to the Taiwanese beef noodles")

"Matcha ice cream with tapioca pearls...They can even ruin Costco ice cream here."

"Instant noodles"

"Finally a sushi I like. (It's just rice wrapped in tofu. No seafood involved.)"


Another picture of Elder Ogden's whole mission

And yet another picture of Elder Ogden's whole mission

Elder Ogden and his companion got to spend some time at a Young Men's campout. They shared an inspirational message with the youth there. It made him miss camping at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment