Hey everyone!
This week went really well. We were able to find some cool people and some less active members that are really in need of some strengthening.
We went to the house of one member who turned out to be a super old guy in a tiny house. He had a really gravelly voice and just kept asking us if all these famous American singers were "still around" (he said it in English). Bing-a Crosby (with his accent), Nat King Cole, Donny Osmond--he had pretty good taste. He also was getting peeved that the Doctrine and Covenants forbids "hot drinks", even when we explained what that really means in context, haha. He's a funny guy.
This week I was able to give my first baptismal interview. I interviewed a lady that the Tucheng Elders have been teaching. She's super funny. On the question where I asked if she's committed any serious crimes she was like "yes" very quickly and matter-of-factly. I was a little taken aback by that, but I went ahead and asked if she is on parole or anything. She stared at me for a second and then was like "oh no no no not like THAT" and we both died laughing. In Chinese 罪-zuì means sin AND crime, so she thought I was just asking if she's ever sinned before and was like "well of course"
Other than that, our friend Leo is ready for his baptismal interview, which is exciting.
Not much time today, but I love you all, have a great week!
Elder Joshua Ogden
Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
武忠樂長老
耶穌基督後期聖徒教會的傳教
Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
武忠樂長老
耶穌基督後期聖徒教會的傳教
![]() |
| Playing "Axis & Allies" last week on our P-day |
![]() |
| A Daoist Temple |
![]() |
| An incense brazier |
![]() |
| The fish pond at the Daoist Temple |
![]() |
| Korean BBQ |








No comments:
Post a Comment