Monday, August 6, 2018

The One Where Dora Does the Stuff and Also a Guy Bought Us Ice Cream

"Stalker pic and investigator took of us."
Hello Everyone!


This week was great.  We had an awesome zone conference and got a lot of important stuff done, so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Both last Monday and this Monday we ended up playing board games.  Today I won at Catan (Settlers of Catan) for probably the first time in my life, so I was pretty happy about that! We also got Subway today.  I forgot how good a Subway sandwich is haha.



Dora didn't end up getting baptized this Saturday, but that's ok.  She needs a little more time to learn how to apply the gospel in her life rather than just getting a testimony and calling it good. She has had undeniable spiritual experiences, but she needs a little more time to adjust to the lifestyle change that she'll have to make. We were able to have an awesome lesson with a member family that helped her see the impact that prayer can have in her life, so she's excited to actually develop that habit now.

(Random Story...) One day while we were studying in McDonalds, a random white guy brought some ice cream by to give to us. That was really nice, especially since normally the white people we meet aren't super nice to us, haha.

Well, transfers are this week and Elder Hong will probably be leaving.  I'll be sad to see him go. Some people seem to think I might be training since I'm about to the "age" on my mission where people normally do, but I'm not sure about that.  There seems to be quite a few people "older" than me who are much more qualified and haven't trained yet, so I guess we'll see what the Lord wants this Wednesday.

As for our Zone Conference, like I said, it was really great, exactly what I needed. President and Sister Petersen shared about our identity as children of God and how important it is to remember that and choose happiness and help people realize that divine identity for themselves. They also trained on addressing people's needs and using our time effectively. It really opened my eyes, and has helped me learn how to just be happier and more positive and teach better according to people's needs and desires.  I'm excited to continue applying these things President Petersen taught.

Anyway, I love you all and I know our Heavenly Father watches over each of His children, that He weeps when we suffer, rejoices when we do what's right, and that in the end all will be made right through the sacrifice of His Son. Have a great week!
Elder Ogden



Elder Joshua Ogden
Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
武忠樂長老
耶穌基督後期聖徒教會的傳教

"Casualties of the Taiwanese Summer"

"Shed a load"

"English Class"
"Piece of a member's 10+ volume family history from China (the descendant of SunTzu)"

"Because when someone 'fangs our gezi's' (when you get stood up), you just have to give them cats playing the piano."



No comments:

Post a Comment