美國國慶節快樂!(měiguó guóqìngjié kuàilè-happy American Independence Day)
![]() |
| With the Zone Leaders |
Hey everyone! I hope your fourth was great! Ours went pretty well. We had a party for English class which was a lot of fun. We talked about the history of Independence Day, played some games, and for a snack we made them little hot dogs with scrambled eggs (all of which was cooked in sesame oil cause that's all we had and the scrambled eggs were the only thing we could think of that was simple enough to be doable) [We also had] Sprite mixed with cranberry juice. So it was a very authentic American meal. (We tried, haha. It turned out pretty tasty all the same).
This week was full of more miracles, including Alexander coming to church! It's taken a while because things have kept coming up and he's felt embarrassed with his current struggles, but on Saturday we were able to help him understand that church is a hospital for the imperfect and contrite in spirit, not a country club for perfect people. After a Priesthood blessing for help overcoming his struggles, the spirit was incredibly strong, and we just kinda sat there unable to say anything and basking in the feeling of peace and love that was in the air, until he spoke up with a determination in his voice, and said he would be at church! And then he came and had a great experience! He's definitely a choice spirit.
This Wednesday we had a lesson in the morning, and as we were planning for that the son from the family we taught last Sunday called us and said he was feeling a little down, so we ran over to the church to meet him and had a great talk with him about his desires and regrets and how Christ can help him become who he wants to be. Then we had a great lesson with the guy we had originally set up with. He's super cool.
Thursday was quite the experience, I ended up in 香山-xiangshan south of Xinzhu with two other missionaries because our companions had to go to Taipei for a district leader meeting. It was pretty much us wandering around all day talking with people on the streets, because we had all assumed we wouldn't be in our own areas haha. It was a lot of fun and we ran into some cool people, and what made it even better was that one of the missionaries I was with was Elder Anderson, my MTC companion, so that was a blast.
This week I read Alma 26 and I was reminded once again of how much I love these last two verses:
"36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."I know that our Heavenly Father knows each of His children personally and will remember us no matter what situation we are in. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be His arm in reaching out to His children here, and I know we can all do the same in our various spheres of influence. A lot of joy (actually the most joy we can have) can come from being His arm in reaching out and lifting those whom He places in our paths.
Love you all!
Elder Ogden
![]() |
| "Trying a raw smoked salmon dish...and enjoying it. (After a few bites. lol.)" |
![]() |
| "This snail was very big." |









No comments:
Post a Comment