I meant to post this on the day Elder Ogden landed in Taiwan (which was Thursday, December 7, 2017) but it didn't happen. So I am posting it now.
I did get a tiny email from Josh the day after he landed explaining that he needed me to send him his debit card because his apparently Discover is not readily accepted in Taiwan. (In hindsight...should have checked that before he left, but oh well. Debit card is now on the way.) He also shared a bit about the area he is assigned to.
Email from Elder Ogden:
Hey!
So as you probably know I'm here safe and sound. My first day was pretty crazy, I'll have to talk about it on Monday. I need to email now because they don't accept Discover here... So I need the debit card I guess haha so next time you send a letter or something I need that... I`m in Hualien right now, which people joke is basically a vacation because it's so beautiful so I'm excited. My companion is Elder Nielsen, and he`s really cool. Just had some good dumplings so I'm pretty happy. Love you!
I was curious about this "vacation" area of the mission so I googled some pictures...
Somehow I get the feeling that he's going to be completely happy in this "vacation" area. Lol. Can't wait to hear all about it!
-Des





No comments:
Post a Comment